SECRET INGREDIENT: butternut squash
Many tender breads get their pleasing texture from pureed vegetables. Here, butternut squash lends a soft texture and beautiful sunny color to the bread. Try it with hearty beef or pork stews.
- prep 30 min cook 20 min
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm (110°-115°F) water
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1/3 cup warm (110°-115°F) milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
How to make it 50 minutes
Replace the butternut squash with cooked mashed sweet potatoes. Or, for a quick switch, use canned pumpkin puree instead.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.