Cooked and cooled polenta can be cut into shapes and grilled to make an excellent base for a tempting topping. Here the polenta is flavored with gruyère cheese, and the topping is a savory mixture of mushrooms, walnuts and herbs. This is delicious with a simple green salad.
- prep 20 min cook 25 min
- serves 6
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable stock, preferably homemade light (see page 69)
- 1 cup (170 g) instant polenta
- 2?3 cup (80 g) grated gruyère cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1?4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1?4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1?3 cup (35 g) walnuts, finely chopped
How to make it 45 minutes, plus cooling time
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.