- 1 teaspoon minced green onion
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
How to make it
In a saucepan, sauté green onion in 1 tablespoon butter.
Add apple juice; cook until reduced by half. Add cream, syrup, salt, and pepper; again, cook until reduced by half and mixture is caramel-like.
Add remaining butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until melted.
In a skillet, cook apples, onion, butter, and brown sugar over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion is crisp and tender and apples are softened; set aside.
Sprinkle chops with pepper. Brush each side with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
Rewarm maple butter and glazed apples. Divide apples between four plates; top each with two chops and a fourth of the maple butter. Sprinkle with pecans. Serves 4.