© iStockphoto/ThinkstockIf you're only accustomed to super-sweet holiday preparations, this is a whole new angle.
Sweet potatoes are ideal for grilling and, when topped with a potent vinaigrette, they make a winning side dish: sweet flesh and sharp dressing, creamy interior with a crispy grilled edge, all with a smoky undertone.
- prep 15 min cook 12 min
- serves 6
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce