- prep 5 min
- serves 2
This shake is ideal for people in a hurry or those who aren’t keen on eating in the morning.
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk, chilled
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
How to make it 5 minutes
Some More Ideas
- Berry shake: Use 1/2 cup strawberries instead of banana. Raspberries are good too, or try the chopped flesh of 1 mango.
- Replace the wheat germ with 1 tablespoon ground sunflower seeds (grind them in a coffee grinder or with a pestle and mortar).
- Use nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt instead of plain yogurt.
FACTOID:The addition of wheat germ boosts the content of vitamin E and B vitamins in this recipe, and orange juice provides vitamin C, so this is truly a “high vitality” drink.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 10
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbs: 44g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 29g
Blood Pressure Nutrients: 36mg Vitamin C, 53mg Magnesium, 694mg Potassium, 386mg Calcium
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.