- prep 20 min cook 45 min
- serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 12 baby corn
- 1 small or 1/2 large butternut squash, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and cut across into 1-inch slices
- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise and cut across into 1-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium
- vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely shredded or coarsely
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
How to make it 1 hour, 5minutes
- Serve the casserole with potato and carrot puree instead of polenta. Cook 1 pound potatoes with 1/2 pound sliced carrots in boiling water until tender, then drain well and mash with 5 tablespoons fat-free milk.
- Stir in 1 ounce grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese and 2–4 tablespoons chopped parsley. Pearl barley is another delicious alternative to polenta. It can be cooked in the oven with the vegetable casserole. Put 1 cup rinsed pearl barley in a casserole with 1 chopped onion and 1 teaspoon dried sage. Pour in 2 cups hot vegetable broth, cover, and cook in the oven at 350°F until the broth is absorbed and the barley is tender, 45–50 minutes.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 420
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Carbs: 73g
- Protein: 12g
- Fiber: 15g
Blood Pressure Nutrients: 100mg Vitamin C, 87mg Magnesium, 920mg Potassium, 217mg Calcium
Butternut squash is a powerful source of beta-carotene, with one cup providing 96% of the recommended daily allowance. The body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.