- prep 20min cook 40 min
- serves 5
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 20 flour tortillas (8 inches)
How to make it 60 minutes
In each of two greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dishes, spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, onion salt and pepper. Stir in chicken and 2 cups cheese.
Spread about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Top with remaining tomato sauce; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake one casserole at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 1 month.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake, covered, at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 casseroles, 5 servings each.
Editor’s note: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.