Katie says: “This is essentially lasagna, but with tortillas standing in for noodles. It’s one of those dishes that can miraculously be on the table in short order, made from things you most likely have in your pantry and fridge.” Read more about The Mom 100 Cookbook here.
IngredientsNumber of servings: 4 to 6
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 tablespoon olive, vegetable, or canola oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 can (14 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained, with 1⁄3 cup juice reserved
• 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
• 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) white, black, or kidney beans (or a mixture of any two), rinsed and drained
• Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn kernels, drained, or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
• 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
• 4 medium-size (8-inch) flour tortillas
• 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
• Chopped fresh cilantro (optional), for garnish
• Sour cream (optional), for serving
• Salsa (optional), for serving
Excerpted from The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket. Copyright © 2012 by Katie Workman. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. New York. All Rights Reserved.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.