Katie says: “This is called Monday Night Brisket because it’s the kind of dish you want to start when you have a stretch of time, like Sunday afternoon. Then you refrigerate overnight and dinner for Monday is basically prepped.” Read more about The Mom 100 Cookbook here.
IngredientsNumber of servings: 8 to 10
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 first-cut beef brisket (4 to 5 pounds)
• 2 cups chopped onions
• 4 large carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
• 3 bay leaves
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 cup low-sodium beef or chicken broth
• 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in juice or puréed
• 1 cup red wine (any kind is fine)
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional), for garnish
Excerpted from The Mom 100 Cookbook: 100 Recipes Every Mom Needs in Her Back Pocket. Copyright © 2012 by Katie Workman. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. New York. All Rights Reserved.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.