Instead of layering the ladyfingers with whipped high-fat mascarpone cheese, a light and creamy mixture of sweetened ricotta cheese and yogurt is used. A sprinkling of grated dark chocolate is the finishing touch.
- 8 ladyfingers, halved
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or brandy
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet dark chocolate, grated
How to make it 20 minutes, plus chilling
Some More Ideas
* Low-fat vanilla yogurt can be substituted for the plain yogurt to add a bit more flavor.
* Instead of grated chocolate, decorate the tops of the desserts by dusting each with 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder.
* Ricotta cheese is much lower in fat and calories than the creamy mascarpone that is traditionally used for tiramisu. Adding yogurt to the ricotta provides creaminess and helps to decrease the fat content even further.
* Dark chocolate is a good source of copper, a mineral that helps the body to absorb iron. As dark chocolate is also a source of iron, there is a double nutritional benefit to including it in this dessert.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 242
- Calories from Fat: 41
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- Sodium: 162mg
- Carbs: 36g
- Sugars: 29g
- Protein: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
Excellent source of calcium, phosphorus. Good source of riboflavin, vitamin A.
Exchanges: carbohydrate 2 1/2, fat 1
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.