- prep 20 min cook 20 min
Here, everyone’s favorite weekend treats have been entirely re-imagined. This diabetic friendly recipe replaces white flour with whole wheat flour and oats, plus an unexpected dash of sugar-lowering cinnamon. Wheat germ provides healthy fats, extra fiber, and deliciously nutty flavor.
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries or blueberries
How to make it 40 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 56g
- Sodium: 331mg
- Carbs: 60g
- Protein: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.