- prep 20 min cook 90 min
- serves 6
This classic celebratory dish gets a nutrition update — the proportion of vegetables to meat has been raised considerably and the mixture of simmering flavors is a melody of good tastes and smells, as well as vitamins and antioxidants.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 red or Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, rinsed and white and pale green parts coarsely chopped
- 1 large turnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- Calories: 270
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- Sodium: 510 mg
- Carbs: 30 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Fiber: 6 g
How to make it 1 hour, 50 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.