SECRET INGREDIENT: peanut butter
Some people like oatmeal cookies. Some like chocolate chip cookies. Yet others prefer peanut butter cookies. This recipe combines all three! The peanut butter in the dough makes them extra rich and delicious.
To keep your cookies from burning, stack two baking sheets together. This creates a layer of insulation that protects the cookies and promotes more even heating.
- prep 15 min cook 10 min
IngredientsNumber of servings: Makes 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips