SECRET INGREDIENT: zucchini
The best thing about lasagna is the layers of flavor from the cheese, sauce, and noodles. Here’s a fun twist that replaces the layer of noodles with a layer of broiled zucchini slices. Perfect for a vegetarian main course or those looking to reduce carbohydrates.
- prep 25 min cook 55 min
- serves 4
- 3 zucchini (9 to 10 inches long), about 3 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces), divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups jarred tomato-basil sauce
How to make it 1 hour, 20 minutes
Don’t like zucchini? Substitute slices of yellow squash or eggplant. For a little more flavor, replace the mozzarella with shredded aged provolone.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.