SECRET INGREDIENT: canned pumpkin
People usually assume that using convenience ingredients means giving up quality. On the contrary, some prepared foods have more desirable qualities than fresh foods. Canned pumpkin, for instance, is made from an extra-creamy breed of pumpkin that is unavailable to consumers.
- prep 15 min cook 45 min
- serves 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Sour cream (optional garnish)
- Rosemary (optional garnish)
How to make it 1 hour
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.