Grilled vegetables are delicious with chunky pasta in a tangy dressing. Serve this salad as a light lunch or offer it as an accompaniment for grilled poultry or meat, when it will serve 6 or 8.
Healthy Cooking Tip
Grilling or baking is a healthy cooking method for vegetables like eggplant, which can absorb large amounts of fat when they are fried or sauteed in oil.
- prep 35 min cook 25 min
- serves 4
- 8 ounces rigatoni
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium eggplant, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- For a hearty vegetarian main-course salad, stir in 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Add grilled zucchini and asparagus. Slice the zucchini lengthways. Grill alongside the eggplant and tomatoes.
- Replace the eggplant with well-drained, bottled artichokes.
- Calories: 242
- Calories from Fat: 63
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 137 mg
- Carbs: 38 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
How to make it 1 hour, plus 30 minutes marinating time
Some More Ideas
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.