SECRET INGREDIENT: coffee
Chiffon cakes tend to feature delicate aromas such as lemon. This cake takes a different route to flavor with rich-tasting cocoa powder, cinnamon, and brewed espresso. Walnut oil gives the cake a delightfully nutty quality, but you could also use extra-light olive oil or canola oil.
- prep 15 min cook 45 min
- serves 16
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut oil, extra-light olive oil, or canola oil
- 2 large eggs, separated, plus 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso or other dark-roast coffee, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Confectioners’ sugar
How to make it
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.