Smashed lima beans are mixed with Parmesan, lemon juice and basil. The bean mixture is then spread on toasted baguette slices and topped with some fresh mozzarella cheese and olive oil. Miam-miam!
You Will Need
One 10 ounce package frozen lima beans, cooked according to package directions
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
Baguette slices, rubbed with olive oil and garlic and baked
Fresh buffalo mozzarella balls
Extra virgin olive oil
What to Do
1. Allow the beans to come to room temperature and season with some sea salt.
2. Place them in a large bowl and using a potato masher or a fork, mash them up. They should be chunky. Add the lemon juice, cheese and some chopped basil and mash together.
3. Stir in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Taste and season.
4. Spread the baguettes with some of the mashed bean mixture. Cut or tear the mozzarella balls and place on top of the beans.
5. Arrange on a plate, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.