- prep 20min cook 1 hour, 40min
- serves 4
In Spain, the home of this spicy dish, chickpeas are very popular and are often stewed with a small amount of meat and a vegetable or two to make hearty one-pot feasts. Serve this with chunks of rustic sourdough bread on the side, so that you can dip it in to enjoy every drop of the delicious gravy.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless rabbit, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 cup (250 g) canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (15 g) coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 pinches of saffron threads
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hot water
- 1 can chickpeas (about 400 g), drained and rinsed
- ½ pound new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 sprigs of fresh oregano, leaves coarsely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
How to make it 2 hours
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.