- 4 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 tsp. flakes)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 flour tortillas (9 inch diameter)
How to make it
Southwestern Chicken Filling: Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Makes about 2 cups filling.
Spread about 1 cup filling evenly on 1 tortilla, almost to edge. Roll up tightly, jelly roll-style. Repeat with remaining filling and tortilla. Wrap rolls with plastic wrap. Chill for 2 hours. Discard plastic wrap. Trim about 1/2 inch from both ends of each roll. Cut each roll into 1/2 inch slices, for a total of about 32 slices. Serves 4.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 291
- Fat: 18.8
- Saturated Fat: 10.4
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 399mg
- Carbs: 17g
- Protein: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
BAKED SPECKLED SPIRALS: Arrange slices, cut-side down, on greased baking sheet. Lightly brush top of each with cooking oil. Bake in 350ºF oven for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are golden.
Also, see 9 Healthy Back to School Lunch Recipes