Whirl up the berries with yogurt and fresh orange juice to create this creamy, refreshing smoothie that’s high in vitamin C. It makes a fast and healthy breakfast shake or a delicious low-calorie snack-in-a-glass, any time of the day.
- prep 10 min
- serves 4
- 1 quart (4 cups) ripe strawberries
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 4 small strawberries with leaves (optional)
- 4 thin round slices of unpeeled orange (optional)
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Carbs: 21 g
- Sugars: 17 g
- Protein: 4 g
How to make it 10 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Banana-berry smoothie: Add 1 small banana, cut into quarters (Step 1). Because bananas tend to thicken drinks, increase the orange juice to 3/4 cup. Taste the smoothie before adding the tablespoon of sugar (you may not need it).
- Apricot-berry smoothie: For the fruits, use 2 cups peeled apricot slices and only 2 cups of ripe strawberries.
Interesting Facts About Yogurt
- Strawberries are not only naturally sweet and delicious but also an excellent source of vitamin C. Ounce for ounce, strawberries provide more vitamin C than fresh oranges. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect against cancer, may slow the aging process, and helps maintain the immune system.
- Yogurt contains active bacterial cultures that “eat” the milk sugar (lactose), making yogurt a great dairy product for those people who have a milk intolerance.
- Low-fat plain yogurt is lower in calories than yogurt that is sweetened with fruit purees.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.