SECRET INGREDIENT: carrot juice
The moment you take a bite of this rich-tasting, aromatic risotto, you’ll forget how healthy it is. The secret to its ultra creamy texture is constant stirring and the rich carrot juice, which also gives it a gorgeous golden color.
- prep 15 min cook 35 min
- serves 4
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to make it 50 minutes
One More Notch!
To add some crunch to the creaminess, add 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds along with the rice.