Once you've tasted this homemade version of the classic fish accompaniment, you won't waste your money on prepared tartar sauces.
from Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally (Reader's Digest Association Books)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 6 scallions, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped Bread-and-Butter Pickles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
How to make it
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until well blended.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight before using. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make 1-1/4 cups.