- prep 15 min cook 10 min
- serves 2
This rich, Japanese-style broth, flavored with vibrant fresh herbs, ginger, and garlic, peps up firm tofu and long strands of earthy buckwheat noodles.
- 5 ounces soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (asparagus tips, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, or green beans)
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons rice wine (sake or mirin) or dry sherry
- 10 ounces firm light tofu, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
How to make it 25 minutes
- Replace the tofu with 8 ounces peeled, cooked shrimp or diced, cooked chicken or turkey (without the skin).
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1,842mg
- Carbs: 56g
- Protein: 21g
- Fiber: 6g
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.