This recipe’s dressing is completely oil-free, so although both the beef and nuts contain fat and the beef is stir-fried in a little oil, the dish is still light on the fat front. Also, no extra salt is needed because of the spicy dressing and saltiness of soy sauce.
- prep 30 min cook 10 min
- serves 4
- 14 oz lean steak, such as sirloin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- Ginger and honey dressing
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp mild Mexican-style chilli powder
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 1 in. piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 ripe but firm plums, sliced
- ¼ medium-sized red cabbage, shredded
- 2 oz watercress leaves
- ½ cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3–4 spring onions, cut into diagonal pieces
- 1½ oz mixed fresh mint and coriander
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
How to make it 40 minutes
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.