- prep 30 min cook 60 min
- serves 6
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamin A. You can make the topping with white or sweet potatoes, or with rutabaga. For pretty presentation, see our mashed potato topping tips.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 pounds sweet or all-purpose potatoes or rutabaga, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to make it 1 hour, 30 minutes
Mashed Potato Toppings Designs
- For rosettes, use a pie tile-like indentations with the tip of a spoon.
- For a crisscross pattern, draw a fork tip across the surface.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 393
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Carbs: 52mg
- Protein: 31g
- Fiber: 8g
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.