- prep 30 min cook 10 min
- serves 8
In the 1950s, an inventive cook created a fluffy mixture by folding beaten egg whites into a creamy pie filling. The result was so light and airy it looked like a pile of chiffon and so the name for this recipe was coined.
FACTOID:This recipe need to chill for 4 1/2 hours after baking so prepare the night before for an easy day of entertaining.
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed gingersnaps and/or finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (2 teaspoons each)
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Calories: 278
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Carbs: 52 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
How to make it 40 minutes, plus cooling time
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.