- prep 15 min cook 35 min
Pumpkin flesh has a mild, sweet flavor. The smaller the pumpkin, the sweeter and more subtle it will be. Like all orange vegetables, pumpkins and sweet potatoes are very high in beta carotene. This luscious soup gives you a double helping of this vital nutrient. Leave out the bacon and substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock to make the soup vegetarian.
- 2 ounces reduced-sodium bacon or turkey bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots or small onions, finely chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin or 2 cups cooked winter squash
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to make it 50 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 96
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Carbs: 12g
- Protein: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.