- prep 45 min cook 40 min
- serves 15
Making soup from the rest of the Thanksgiving turkey is as traditional as the dinner itself.
Healthy Cooking Tip
If you serve it only at Thanksgiving, it’s time to invite the big bird in more often. Turkey breast is actually lower in fat and cholesterol and higher in protein than chicken breast.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 cups turkey or low-sodium chicken stock
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme and rosemary leaves
- 2 cups diced white turnips
- 2 cups bite-size pieces fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 34 mg
- Sodium: 359 mg
- Carbs: 19 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
How to make it 1 hour 25 minutes
Nutritional Information(per serving)
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.