- prep 30 min cook 10 min
SECRET INGREDIENT: sour cream
Chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles, and cocoa powder create a triple shot of chocolate flavor. Sour cream gives the cookies an irresistibly soft and tender crumb.
FACTOID:Give the cookies a mocha flavor by mixing 3 tablespoons finely ground espresso coffee right in with the flour.
IngredientsNumber of servings: Makes 5 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles