- prep 20 min cook 105 min
- serves 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless venison shoulder, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cooked fresh beets, each cut into 6 wedges
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 large orange
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 1/2 ounces vacuum-packed peeled whole chestnuts
- 3 carrots, halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger (2 inches), grated
- 4 shallots, unpeeled but roots sliced off
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- Salt and pepper
How to make it About 2 hours
Healthy Cooking Tip
Alcohol gives color and richness as well as flavor to the casserole, but it can be left out — just add more broth.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Carbs: 34g
- Protein: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.