FACTOID:Marylanders love seafood from the Chesapeake Bay. The meat from the famous blue crabs of those waters is made into crab cakes, bisques, dips, and spreads.
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions, including green tops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shells, well drained
- Crostini for serving
Lemon Panko Topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or other unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
Healthy Cooking Tip
The crab dip, without the panko topping, can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before baking. The panko topping can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature. Scatter the topping over the crab dip just before baking.
How to make it
Excerpted from New Thanksgiving Table by Diane Morgan. Text copyright © 2008 by Diane Morgan. Photos copyright © 2008 by Leigh Beisch.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.