- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- 12 oz. (about 1 1/2 cups) assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, lobster, chanterelle, and stemmed shiitake), chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck (80 percent lean) or ground turkey (90 percent lean)
- 1 1/2 tbs. canola oil
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split; toasted, if desired
- Chipotle Ketchup (see below)
How to make it
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 to 3 tbs. puréed, canned chipotle in adobo (depending on how spicy you prefer it)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
Whisk together ketchup, chipotle, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Sauce will keep for one week in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Makes 1 cup.
Adapted from Bobby Flay’s Burgers, Fries & Shakes (Clarkson Potter)
More Recipe Ideas
Eater’s Digest: Recipes from America’s Top Grill Masters
Emeril Lagasse’s Homemade BBQ Sauce and Creole Seasoning
Emeril Lagasse’s Backyard Barbecued Chicken
Emeril Lagasse’s Eggplant and Peppers with Feta
Steven Raichlen’s Salt and Pepper Grilled Shrimp
Plus: 24 Delicious Recipes for the Grill
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.