Everyone has gotten a rotten gift. We asked our readers to share with us
the one present that had them running to the storeâs returns
1. I once received a toilet seat.
âJulie K., Shellsburg, Iowa
2. The book What to Expect When Youâre Expecting. I was in high school and not even dating.
âAudrey A., Norfolk, Virginia
3. A fifth of whiskey, even though Iâm an alcoholic.
âClark H., Magdalena, New Mexico
4. A very nice sweater that someone had worn, stained, and regifted to me.
âBelinda M., Orangeville, Pennsylvania
5. A donation in my name to a cause I donât support.
âMarci E., North Richland Hills, Texas
6. I got my own Christmas gift back the next year.
âCarol E., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7. A subscription to the Nutrisystem weight-loss program.
âRosemary G., LaGrange, Kentucky
8. A bar of soap.
âShirley B., Macomb, Michigan
9. A turquoise man-kini. I am 60 years old and weigh 250 pounds.
âErich P., Phoenix, Arizona
10. An iron and ironing board from my (now ex-) husband.
âNancy M., South Attleboro, Massachusetts
11. A book titled 101 Wines Under $5.
âCindy M., Greensburg, Pennsylvania
12. A bag of cotton balls.
âClaudia A., Columbia Falls, Montana
13. A Christmas tree ornament. Iâm Jewish.
âCary L., Royal Oak, Michigan
14. A pill vial designed like a white elephant and filled with the baby teeth of my friendâs children.
âMarcia A., Carlsbad, California
15. Legos. Iâm 34.
âLisa A., Boise, Idaho
16. I received a book on Chinese culture written in Chinese.
âPhil H., Carmel, Indiana
17. A doorknob.
âSweet I., Jefferson, New Hampshire
18. A used spatula.
âSheila H., Grand Junction, Colorado
19. One slipper.
âRobin R., Smithfield, Pennsylvania
20. A book of etiquette from my mother-in-law.
âMaureen C., Pleasanton, California
21. Dental floss.
âLisa C., Alpharetta, Georgia