Considering its size, the vitamin C powerhouse we know as the lemon provides an astonishing number of beauty benefits, six of which are listed below. (One word of caution: lemons can cause skin to be extra-sensitive to sunlight, so don’t expose yourself to the sun for too long after a skin treatment.)
1. Exfoliate dead skin and bring new skin to the surface by washing skin with lemon juice mixed with a little sugar.
2. Smooth wrinkles by boiling 1 cup milk, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon brandy. Cool the mixture to room temperature, apply and let dry before wiping it off.
3. Lighten age spots by dabbing them with lemon juice and rinsing off after 15 minutes. Repeat once later in the day.
4. Create a facial that both exfoliates and moisturizes by mixing the juice from 1 lemon with ¼ cup olive oil or sweet almond oil.
5. Fight dandruff with a daily scalp massage with 2 tablespoons lemon. Rinse with water and follow with a rinse of 1 cup water mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Whiten and clean fingernails by soaking them in 1 cup lukewarm water and the juice of 1/2 lemon for 5 minutes, then rub the inside of the lemon peel against the nails.
Baking Soda, Banana Peels, Baby Oil and Beyondbuy NOW$31.96