1. Baldness is inherited from your mother’s side. Not completely. While the primary baldness gene is on the X chromosome, which men get from their mothers, other factors contribute to losing your hair. Research suggests that men who have a bald father are more likely to develop male-pattern baldness than those who don’t.
2. Baldness only happens to old people. Not true. Hair loss can begin when people are in their 20s and 30s. The earlier it begins, the more dramatic it is likely to be.
3. Wearing a hat makes hair fall out. This is a myth—as long as your hat is clean. Dirty hats can cause scalp infections, which could in turn speed up hair loss.
4. Gel and hairspray accelerate hair loss. Hair products and shampoos don’t cause balding, nor does frequent hair washing.
5. Exposure to sun causes balding. Nope. Though it’s wise to put sunscreen on bare scalps to protect yourself from skin cancer.
6. Sexually active men are more likely to go bald. Bald men are not necessarily sexual dynamos and they do not have higher testosterone than their hairier peers.
7. Carbohydrates cause hair loss. On the contrary, healthy carbohydrates contain vitamins that are essential for maintaining healthy locks.
Source: US News & World Report
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.