You and your tightly wound friends could really use a day at a spa — but thinking about the cost only makes you more stressed. Solution: Host a spa party at home, for hundreds less.
1. Set the mood. Light candles, set out stacks of magazines and snacks, and play relaxing music.
2. Hire an almost-pro. Facialists can charge $100 an hour; manicurists charge extra too. Better: Ask a local beauty school about hiring a student (find one at beautyschoolsdirectory.com). You might pay as little as $5-$12 each for a manicure or $10-$20 for a facial, says Anthony Fragomeni of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools.
3. Get a mini-massage. Full-body massages average about $100 an hour. Hire a pro for chair massages, for about $1 a minute, says Mary Beth Braun of the American Massage Therapy Association.
4. Rent a mobile spa. If cost isn’t a problem but convenience is, bring in the experts. The nationwide chain Relax & Rejuvenate charges $110 per massage, facial or mani/pedi. Find a mobile spa near you at mobilehomespa.com.
5. Zone out.. Pop in a fitness DVD (try The Firm: Power Yoga or Basic Yoga Workout for Dummies, both available at collagevideo.com) and do group yoga to calm down and tone up.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.