Prolong a Blow Dry
Jim Clinton a “Today Show” stylist, who also works at the Vartali salon in New York City share his favorite secrets for making a blow dry last:
1. Sleep with a scrunchies. Pull your hair up like Pebbles of Flintstones fame. In the morning just pull off and fluff.
2. Use a satin pillowcase to prevent ridges in your hair.
3. When showering try to cover your hairline. Jim recommends using a towel underneath your shower cap.
4. After showering, hit the roots with your blow dryer.
Try these tips from Louis Licari , stylist to the stars:
1. Use only shampoos and conditioners for color-treated hair. Regular shampoo will strip the color.
2. Use a color mascara or color stick to cover roots in a pinch. If you don’t have a color mascara use your regular mascara to hide the grey.
3. Don’t wash your hair for 2 days after your color treatment. The dye needs to set.
Save Your Shampoo
If you work out a lot of have oily hair and don’t want to wash it, Oscar Blandi of Madison Avenue offers his advice:
1. Use one of the new dry shampoos out on the market. Spray at the roots and brush through.
2. If you don’t have that type of shampoo on hand, you can use baby powder as long as you thoroughly brush the white powder into your hair.
Curly Sue Tips
Andre Smith of Hair It Iz salon in Ossining NY has some tricks many African American women use.
1. Sleep with a hair net to keep the curls in place.
2. Spray the curls and in the morning remove net and the curls will drop in place.
3. Use a satin pillowcase.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.