This soup’s filling enough to make a hearty main course and is easy to prepare. A sprinkling of low-fat grated cheese melting into the soup is the finishing touch. Serve with toasted tortillas on the side, cut into wedges, if you wish.
- prep 20 min cook 20 min
- serves 6
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (14 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 3 cups low-fat chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup reduced-fat coarsely grated Monterey Jack cheese
Sprigs of fresh cilantro (optional)
Thinly sliced fresh green chile (optional)
How to make it 40 minutes
- Reduced-fat cheddar cheese can be substituted for the Monterey Jack.
- Canned pinto or black beans can be substituted for the black-eyed peas.
Nutritional Information(per serving)
- Calories: 370
- Calories from Fat: 59
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 803mg
- Carbs: 61g
- Protein: 19g
- Fiber: 12g
Exchanges: starch 3 1/2, vegetable 1, meat (very lean) 1, fat 1
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.