Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common childhood disorders and can continue through adolescence and adulthood.
One subtype of ADHD is called predominantly inattentive ADHD. Children with this subtype are less likely to act out or have difficulties getting along with other children. They may sit quietly, but they’re not paying attention to what they are doing.
A child with predominantly inattentive ADHD may be overlooked, and parents and teachers may not notice that he or she has any signs of the disorder.
Children with symptoms of inattention may:
- Be easily distracted, miss details, forget things, and frequently switch from one activity to another.
- Have difficulty focusing on one thing.
- Become bored with a task after only a few minutes, unless they are doing something enjoyable.
- Have difficulty focusing attention on organizing and completing a task or learning something new.
- Have trouble completing or turning in homework assignments, often losing things (e.g., pencils, toys, assignments) needed to complete tasks or activities.
- Not seem to listen when spoken to.
- Daydream, become easily confused, and move slowly.
- Have difficulty processing information as quickly and accurately as others.
- Struggle to follow instructions.
Learn more about ADHD and its other subtypes at: nimh.nih.gov.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.