The following suicide warning signs have been compiled from leecountycares.org. Visit their website for suicide prevention information and resources.
Warning Signs to Look For
- Dramatic Mood Changes
- Withdrawing from friends, family and society
- Self destructive behavior, rage and anger
- Changes in behavior
- Talking about feeling worthless or helpless
- School, work, family crisis
- Giving away prized possessions
What To Do Next
- Familiarize yourself with the warning signs
- Get involved
- Listen, be direct, have open communication
- Offer hope and alternatives, ways to get help
- Take action
Take a step, stretch or leap towards suicide prevention with the ideas and tips below.
Help Prevent Suicide—Keep Your Eyes Open
People who are thinking about suicide often give warning signs. Visit Stop A Suicide and print out a checklist to understand the warning signs. Share what you’ve learned with your family, friends and neighbors.
Walk for suicide prevention. Join your local chapter or start your own.
For more information, visit these websites:
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.