Real Simple polled the nation’s top dieticians and nutritionists to ask them which foods are a must-eat for a healthy diet. Most of the foods on the list are well-known–such as broccoli, beans, and wild salmon–but there are a few that may not have made it into your shopping cart yet. Some of the more unique foods that pack a nutritional punch are:
1. Quinoa is a complete protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. Stay warm with our Curried Sweet Potato and Quinoa Soup recipe. (Sweet potatoes are on the list of healthy foods, too!)
2. Bulgur is fiber-filled and can be made into a sweet or savory dish. Instead of cooking a side or rice or potatoes, try our Bulgur with Ginger and Orange recipe.
3. Sardines are a great source of protein, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Pack our Open-Faced Sardine, Watercress, and Carrot Sandwich for this week’s lunch.
4. Kale is a versatile leafy green that is loaded with calcium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. Try Kale Chips as a healthy alternative to French fries.
5. Chard is another leafy green that will give your body a boost of calcium and fiber. Try replacing spinach with Swiss chard in our Swiss Chard pie recipe.
Find out the other 25 foods you should be eating.
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.