You’ve heard celebs and fitness gurus rave about Urban Rebounding, a cardio workout on a mini-trampoline. But is there any truth to the hype surrounding this exercise trend?
Blake Mays, fitness director at Club H gym in New York City, and author of the new eBook, 100 Tools to Change Your Brain, Body & Spiritual Being, says it’s the secret exercise everyone should be doing because it energizes every cell in your body.
“By doing rebounding regularly, you can literally bounce your butt off,” says Mays. Here are 6 more healthy reasons to get on that rebounder:
1. Get a natural face lift. As we age, oxygen levels in the skin cells decrease, resulting in a loss of elasticity and the formation of lines and wrinkles. Rebounding circulates more oxygen to tissue and increases elasticity.
2. Develop the lean muscles and balance of a ballet dancer. Rebounding encompasses gravity, acceleration, and deceleration into your workout, which elongates your muscles as if you were a ballet dancer.
3. Your back and knees will thank you. It’s a low-impact cardio exercise that absorbs 80% of the shock. As a result it helps strengthen your back muscles and takes the pressure off of your spine and knees, without the strain and trauma of a hard surface workout.
4. Work out like a NASA astronaut. A NASA study found that rebounding is 68% more efficient than running or jogging. And rebounding proved to be the best exercise to rebuild the lost bone tissue of astronauts whose weightless state caused them to lose 15% of their bone mass. So rebounding can help prevent osteoporosis and reverse damage.
5. Say adios to colds and allergies. Rebounding cleanses your lymphatic system and boosts your immunity. The result? Colds and allergy symptoms won’t bother you as often or as much.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.