Stability ball crunch
Michael Bambino & Co.
- Lie with your lower back on top of a stability ball and your feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head, your fingertips behind your ears, and your elbows out to the side.
- Lean back over the ball until you feel a stretch in your abdominals.
- Lift your chest, head, and back until you feel a strong contraction in your abdominals. Repeat for the suggested number of reps.
Stability ball rolloutMichael Bambino & Co.
- Kneeling in front of a stability ball, extend your arms and place your hands on the front of the ball near the top.
- Keeping your back flat, tighten your abdominals and rear end and slowly roll the ball forward, allowing your forearms to go on the top of the ball. Roll out until a straight line is formed between the hips and the shoulders.
- Pause for a full second in this position. Roll the ball back in and repeat for the suggested number of reps.
Stability ball sawMichael Bambino & Co.
- Assume a plank position with your elbows and forearms on an exercise ball and your feet on the floor about hip width apart.
- Keeping your back flat and your abdominals tight, slowly “saw” your elbows out just a few inches, not allowing your hips or lower back to sag.
- Saw the elbows back in to the starting position and repeat, sawing in and out, for the suggested number of reps.
Content continues below ad