If your doctor doesn’t measure up, it’s time to hit the road and find one who does.
Your first step? Start by asking friends and family for their recommendations, particularly those with medical conditions similar to yours. Once you’ve narrowed your search to two or three offices, call them up and find out:
• If the doctor accepts Medicare assignment, meaning he can’t bill you for anything Medicare doesn’t cover.
• The doctor’s education, training, and certification.
• Office policies regarding phone calls, email consultations, credit card payments, and billing.
• The hospitals where the doctor has admitting privileges.
• Typical wait times for office visits, i.e., can you get a same-day appointment if you develop bronchitis?
• Typical wait times once you have an appointment, i.e., does the office generally run on time or do patients sit for an hour before being seen?
• The type of practice. If the doctor is part of a group practice, will you get to see him/her at each visit or is it the luck of the draw?
• If lab or other diagnostic tests are done in the office or if you have to go elsewhere.
• The doctor’s philosophy regarding complementary and alternative medicine.
• The average age of patients. You want a physician who treats older patients and is familiar with the medical conditions of older people.
See also: How to Checkup on Your Doctor
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.