You’ve heard it a million times — breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s important to get the proper fuel in the morning to keep you energized all day long. Here are 16 low-calorie swaps for a healthy breakfast that won’t weigh you down.
1. Choose fresh fruit instead of juice. One orange has 60 calories, while a cup of orange juice contains 110. Calories saved: 50
2. Swap a cup of whole milk for a cup of skim. Calories saved: 65
3. Prefer the taste of 2% milk? Use 1/2 cup of 2% in your morning cereal instead of a cup of whole milk. Calories saved: 90
4. Enjoy a large red, white, or pink grapefruit topped with a zero-calorie, natural sugar alternative like Stevia. Calories saved: 15 per teaspoon of sugar omitted.
5. Instead of 1.5 cups of plain oatmeal for breakfast, try 3/4 cup, add 2 tablespoons of low-fat granola with raisins, and sprinkle cinnamon. Calories saved: 65
6. Substitute an 8-ounce low-fat yogurt for classic or custard-style yogurt. Calories saved: 100
7. Trade 2 French toast sticks for 1 whole-grain waffle. Calories saved: 70
8. Need a topping for pancakes or waffles? Try 1 cup of sliced, ripe fruit instead of 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Calories saved: 50
9. Hold the dollop (2 teaspoons) of butter on any breakfast item. Calories saved: 65
10. Substitute 2 low-fat turkey sausage links instead of 2 regular sausage links. Calories saved: 100
11. Use egg whites when preparing your favorite omelet instead of whole eggs. Calories saved: 55 per egg yolk omitted.
12. Spread 2 teaspoons of fat-free tub margarine on your whole-grain toast instead of 2 teaspoons of stick margarine. Calories saved: 60
13. Swap a large 4-inch plain bagel for a smaller 3-inch one. Calories saved: 100
14. Ditch the glazed doughnut and eat a cookie. A 3-inch peanut butter cookie is an okay choice; but oatmeal cookie is even better. Calories saved: 50-75
15. Keep the meat and cut the fat. Swap 4 strips (about an ounce) of regular bacon for 2 ounces of Canadian bacon. Calories saved: 70
16. Spread a spoonful of All-Fruit jam on your toast rather than butter. Calories saved: 60
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.