These beverages have zero nutritional value, but each 12-ounce serving of regular soda contains about 150 calories — virtually all of it sugar. (That’s equivalent to nine packets of sugar!) And studies show that soda calories don’t fill you up the way food does, so you end up consuming more calories throughout the day than you would if you got those calories from something solid.
If you usually drink three cans of soda a day — not unusual if you drink soda more out of habit or convenience than desire — you can easily cut an impressive 450 calories by switching to another beverage, such as:
1. Water. It has zero calories and quenches thirst better than sugary drinks. If you drink bottled water, though, beware of flavored brands, which can have as many calories as soft drinks. Check the label.
2. Diet drinks. Choose those with noncaloric sweeteners.
3. Sparkling water. Choose plain water or sugar-free, fruit-flavored varieties.
4. Iced tea. Make your own by steeping two tea bags in a tall glass of cold water. If you drink bottled iced tea, check to be sure it’s sugar-free and calorie-free.
5. Lemonade. Making your own with fresh lemon juice and sweetening it with a sugar substitute cuts out the calories, saving more than 100 calories compared with store-bought lemonade.
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.