1. Use butter sparingly. When you do use it for bread or toast, opt for whipped butter.
2. Favor fat-free (skim) or 1% milk for cereal and coffee. Or try one of our 5 recommendations for healthy milk substitutes.
3. Skip the bacon and sausages, but have an egg if you like.
4. Instead of white bread, toast whole-grain bread with visible nuts and seeds.
5. Add nuts to your cereal for healthy fats and protein that will keep you fuller, longer.
6. Sprinkle flaxseed of wheat germ on your cereal or yogurt.
Need some more healthy breakfast inspiration?