Which do you crave more: fruits or vegetables? Most of the population falls into one of these categories, easily spotted by whether you prefer savory or sweet. Which are you? Take the quiz.
Like: Bitter flavors and are more likely to try new things.
Habits: Veggie lovers would take a glass of red wine over dessert.
Interesting qualities: These people like to entertain and try new things. They are more likely to have dinner parties and cook nutritious meals.
Like: Sweeter foods.
Habits: They are more likely to take a look at the dessert menu.
Interesting qualities: Fruit types tend to eat foods that take less time to prepare. They could actually have more sensitive taste receptors that make them detect a stronger bitterness in broccoli. (Our guess is the scientist that discovered this just didn’t want to eat his vegetables.)
Either of these preferences is healthy overall since vegetables and fruits contain many of the same vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium and folate. However, cruciferous vegetables from the cabbage and broccoli family contain anti-cancer compounds that both types need. Sorry, friends of fruit, you have to eat your vegetables too! Here are some tips.
Food preparation tips for fruit types:
- Fat will make bitter foods taste less bitter.
- Sauté with olive oil over steaming.
- A touch of sweet, salty, or sour can go a long way. Try maple syrup, soy sauce, or flavored vinegars.
- Try fruit or sorbet for dessert and skip the fattening options.
Food preparation tips for vegetable types:
- Try more bitter fruits such as grapefruit in salads.
- Eat berries which are low in sugar and pair well with yogurt
- Keep having a glass of wine for dessert. You’re getting your resveratrol which is great for your health.
- Also, be sure to frequently remind people that tomato is technically a fruit!
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.