Don’t ruin your diet with empty calories from sugary drinks. Here are 15 ideas for drinks that are diet and figure-friendly.
1. Lighten your coffee with evaporated nonfat milk instead of 2 tablespoons of French vanilla, nondairy creamer. Calories saved: 55
2. Drink a 12-ounce diet soda instead of regular soda. Calories saved: More than 100
3. Have a cup of skim milk instead of a cup of whole milk. Calories saved: 65
4. Dilute your fruit juice. Fill an 8-ounce glass with 4 ounces of juice and 4 ounces of water instead of all juice. Calories saved: 50
5. Opt for a tumbler of cherry-flavored sparkling water, instead of a 5-ounce goblet of wine. Calories saved: 100
6. In the mood for hot chocolate? Add a sugar-free packet to your 2% milk, rather than sugar. Calories saved: 60
7. Hold the whipped cream on any coffee or beverage. Calories saved: 50
8. Smoothies? Make your own: Blend 1 cup of skim milk, 1/2 cup of strawberries, and 1/2 of a medium frozen banana, rather than buying a commercial milkshake. Calories saved: 100
9. Tried soymilk? Replace 1 cup of whole milk with a 1 cup of vanilla soymilk. Calories saved: 50
10. Make your own root beer float instead of buying one at the ice cream parlor. Pour a can of diet root beer over a scoop of vanilla ice cream — don’t forget the straw. Calories saved: 100
11. Instead of fruit juice, have a V-8. Calories saved: 60
12. Choose light beer over dark beer. Calories saved: 50
13. Enjoy a cup of black tea without the sugar — better yet, try green tea, hot or cold. Calories saved: 15 per teaspoon of sugar
14. Swap a small chocolate milkshake for an 8-ounce carton of chocolate milk. Calories saved: 75
15. Try a packet of strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast made with 2% milk instead of whole milk. Calories saved: 65
Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of a car with the cramped public exposure of an airplane.
I think my pilot was a little inexperienced. We were sitting on the runway, and he said, “OK, folks, we’re gonna be taking off in a just few—whoa! Here we go.”
“I can’t wait until your vacation is over.” —Everyone following you on Instagram
A man knocked on my door and asked for a donation toward the local swimming pool. So I gave him a glass of water.
Comedian Greg Davies
Just found the worst page in the entire dictionary. What I saw was disgraceful, disgusting, dishonest, and disingenuous.
Client: We need you to log in to the YouTube and make all our company videos viral.
My cat just walked up to the paper shredder and said, “Teach me everything you know.”
“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” —Alcohol
@yoyoha (Josh Hara)
My parents didn’t want to move to Florida, but they turned 60 and that’s the law.
Q: What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse’s mouth?
A: A mechanic.